This combination medication contains antidyskinetic drugs, prescribed for Parkinson’s disease. The addition of Carbidopa enhances lower dose of Levodopa to be used.
Contraindicated in patients with skin lesions or cancer, co-administration with MAOIs or within 14 days of MAOIs administration and hypersensitivity.
Initial: Adult- PO- Per tab contains L-dopa 100 mg and carbidopa 25 mg. Initial: 1 tab 3 times per day. It may be increased.
It comes as a capsule and tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of hormone problems, asthma, mental illness, diabetes, ulcer, heart attack, irregular heartbeat, heart, kidney, liver or lung disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause mental or mood changes; if it is so consult with your doctor.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome with the following symptoms: fever, stiff muscles, confusion, abnormal thinking, fast or irregular heartbeat and sweating. If it is so consult with your doctor.
• Monitor complete blood cell counts and liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Most common :
Involuntary movements and nausea.
• Body as a Whole : Chest pain and weakness.
• Heart : Irregular heart beat, low/high blood pressure, fainting, vein inflammation and palpitations.
• Gastrointestinal : Dark saliva, stomach bleeding, development of duodenal ulcer, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, dry mouth and taste alterations.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Hypersensitivity : Shock, hives, itching, bruising and lesions.
• Musculoskeletal : Back pain, shoulder pain and muscle cramps.
• Central Nervous System: Hallucinations, confusion, agitation, dizziness, drowsiness, abnormal dreams, sleeplessness, tingling, headache, depression, suicidal tendencies, dementia and increased sexual drive.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing and upper respiratory infection.
• Skin : Rash, increased sweating, hair loss and increased sweating.
• Genitourinary : Urinary tract infection, urinary frequency and dark colored urine.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and excess heat and moisture.
Breathing in unclean air due to increasing air pollution could cause kidney damage with resultant ...
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or enlarged prostate is a noncancerous condition observed in men above ...
Urinary retention is a condition where a person is unable to voluntarily empty the urinary bladder ...View All