This medication is an opioid analgesic, prescribed to alleviate pain post operatively, migraine, balanced general anesthesia, and used to relieve pain during labor. It blocks the pain sensations.
1 mg IV or 2 mg IM with repeated doses every 3 to 4 hours, as necessary. 1 mg (one spray in one nostril), it may be increased up to 2mg dose, if needed.
It comes as a nasal spray, injection.
• Since it is a narcotic, it could cause dependence.
• Use in narcotic dependent patients should be avoided.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness. Do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Do not drink alcoholic beverages while using this injection.
• Caution needed in patients with history of head injury, any condition that increases the pressure in your brain or skull, problems with brain or nervous system, heart attack, breathing problems, high blood pressure, heart, kidney or liver disease, elderly, pregnancy and lactation.
• Body as a Whole:
Loss of strength/lethargy, headache and sensation of heat.
• Heart: Irregular heartbeat, palpitations and dilatation of blood vessels.
• Central Nervous System: Nervousness, a floating feeling, headache, confusion, drowsiness, dizziness, in co-ordination anxiety, seizures, tremor and sleeplessness.
• Skin: Itching, sweating/clamminess, rash and hives.
• Eye and ENT: Nasal congestion, blurred vision, ear pain, inflammation of pharynx, stuffy nose, ringing in the ear and unpleasant taste.
• GI: Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, constipation, dry mouth and stomach pain.
• Respiratory: Bronchitis, cough, difficulty in breathing, nose bleed, nasal congestion, nasal irritation, sinusitis and upper respiratory tract infection.
• Genitourinary: Impaired urination.
Avoid prolonged usage and excess dosage.
Keep in room temperature and in air tight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Reflux nephropathy is the scarring and damage caused to the kidneys by reverse flow of urine from ...
Drug abuse is a negative social trend that pushes youth to drug addiction in the pretext of getting ...
Proper understanding of waste collection, segregation and management is required to reduce the ...View All