This medication is a synthetic steroid, prescribed for asthma attacks. This medication prevents the release of substances that causes inflammation.
Inhalation: Asthma prophylaxis- Initial: 600-800 mcg/day. Maintenance: 400 mcg/day in divided doses.
Severe asthma- 250 mcg 4 times/day. Max: 2 mg/day.
Nasal Allergic and non allergic rhinitis- 100 mcg into each nostril twice daily. Max: 400 mcg/day.
It comes as an aerosol and solution to inhale through the nose as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of tuberculosis (TB), chickenpox, liver, kidney or heart disease, sugar, under active thyroid, high blood pressure, mental illness, muscle pain/weakness, joint inflammation, eye infection, seizures, ulcer, any allergy, who taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid contact with eyes.
• Since it takes time to get rid off from your health condition, continue to use it as directed by your healthcare provider.
• Avoid contact with people with chickenpox, measles or shingles.
• Most Common :
Headache, nausea and lightheadedness.
• Respiratory : Nose bleed, stuffiness, runny nose, wheezing and nose irritation.
• Miscellaneous : Watery eyes, increased eye pressure and allergic reactions.
If you feel difficult to use inhaler, consult with your doctor.
Not advisable for use in children aged less than 5 years.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15-30°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All