This medication is a bronchodilator, prescribed for symptoms of asthma, bronchitis and emphysema. It works in the airways by relaxing muscles and opening air passages for improved breathing.
Adult: PO Chronic bronchospasm As hydrate: Initial: 225-450 mg twice daily, increased if needed. IV Acute severe bronchospasm Loading dose: 5 mg/kg (ideal body wt). Maintenance: 0.5 mg/kg/hr. Rate should not exceed 25 mg/min.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth on an empty stomach. It also comes as solution for injection to be administered by healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart disease, epilepsy, heart failure, over active thyroid, high blood pressure, alcohol addiction, sudden fever, elderly, children, any allergy, who are taking other medication, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause dizziness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid drinking coffee, tea, cola and smoking cigarettes; otherwise it may lead to serious side effects.
• Allergic reactions :
Difficulty in breathing, throat infection and swelling of lips, tongue, face.
• Central Nervous System : Restlessness, tremor, sleeplessness, headache, lightheadedness, dizziness and epilepsy.
• Heart : Increased or irregular heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal : Severe nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
Avoid excess dosage.
1. Keep this medication in a tightly closed container.
2. Keep it out of reach of children.
3. Store suppositories in the refrigerator.
4. Store other forms of aminophylline at room temperature and away from excess moisture.
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...View All