This medication is a benzodiazepine, prescribed for anxiety and panic disorders. It reduces the nervous tension by slowing down the movement of chemicals in the brain
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure, who are taking itraconazole or ketoconazole and hypersensitivity.
The starting dose for treating anxiety is 0.25-0.5 mg, 3 times daily using immediate release tablets.
The dose may be increased every 3-4 days to a maximum dose of 4 mg daily.
The starting dose for treating panic attacks is 0.5 mg, 3 times daily. Doses can be increased every 3-4 days but by no more than 1 mg daily. The effective dose for preventing panic attacks may be as high as 6 mg daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma or other respiratory diseases, kidney or liver impairment, depression, suicidal thoughts, alcohol addiction, increased eye pressure, who are taking other medications, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may decrease alertness and coordination. Do not drive a car or operate dangerous machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid grape fruit or grape fruit juice consumption while taking this medication.
• Central Nervous System :
Drowsiness, lightheadedness, depression, headache, confusion, sleeplessness, nervousness, fainting, dizziness and tiredness.
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, constipation, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting and increased salivation.
• Heart : Fast heart rate and low blood pressure.
• Eye : Blurred vision.
• Musculoskeletal : Rigidity and tremor.
• Skin : Skin inflammation and allergy.
• Miscellaneous : Nose congestion and weight gain/loss.
Avoid abrupt withdrawal of this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from light and children.
A prosthetic heart valve is an artificial device surgically implanted into the heart to replace a ...
PUVA or photochemotherapy is used to treat several skin disorders with the help of UV light and the ...
Breathing in unclean air due to increasing air pollution could cause kidney damage with resultant ...View All