This combination medication contains thiazolidinedione antidiabetic and DPP-4 inhibitor antidiabetic, prescribed for type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindicated in patients who have severe heart failure, and known hypersensitivity.
Dose is based on patient’s condition. Maximum recommended dose is 25/45mg.
It comes as a tablet, which contains 25 mg alogliptin and 15 mg pioglitazone to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart failure, diabetic eye disease, eye swelling, kidney or liver impairment, bladder cancer, acute pancreatitis, fluid retention, fractures, hypoglycemia (abnormal decrease in blood sugar), premenopausal woman, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Follow diet and exercise program as directed by your physician.
• Monitor blood sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Perform eye examination regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Inflammation of throat and nasal passages, back pain and upper respiratory tract infection.
• Miscellaneous : Nausea or vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, fractures, low blood sugar, vision changes.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20°C to 25°C).
A prosthetic heart valve is an artificial device surgically implanted into the heart to replace a ...
PUVA or photochemotherapy is used to treat several skin disorders with the help of UV light and the ...
Breathing in unclean air due to increasing air pollution could cause kidney damage with resultant ...View All