This medication is a strong analgesic, prescribed for relieving pain and induction of anesthesia in specific situations. It provides analgesic protection against hemodynamic responses to surgical stress with recovery times.
Contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity
IV- The recommended dose range is 8 to 245mcg/kg.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney, liver, heart, or thyroid disease, seizures, asthma, lung inflammation, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause blurred vision, dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Most Common :
Respiratory depression and skeletal muscle rigidity.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting.
• Heart : Abnormal heart rhythm, slow heart rate, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, fast heart rate.
• Musculoskeletal : Chest wall rigidity, skeletal muscle movements.
• Respiratory : Postoperative respiratory depression.
• Central Nervous System : Blurred vision, dizziness, sleepiness/postoperative sedation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 20° to 25°C.
Blood groups are of four important groups determined by the presence or absence of specific ...
Spermatocele is a condition in which there is a blockage in the epididymal duct, resulting in semen ...
Be a blood donor and save lives for your donated blood is separated into blood products or just ...View All