This medication blocks the nerve signals to muscles thereby causing relaxation of the muscles.
Allergy to the drug or its components
Infection at the proposed site of injection
Cervical dystonia, a condition where there is stiffening of the neck muscles that keeps the head in a twisted position. It is used in a dose of 250 to 1000 units injected into the neck muscle every 12 weeks
In cosmetic surgery to smoothen wrinkles
Other conditions like excessive sweating in the palms, excessive salivation, or spasms of lower end of the foodpipe
It comes as a powder which is made into a solution for injection, and is administered by a healthcare provider.
• Patients with nerve or muscle problems (e.g. myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome) may experience excessive weakness
• Patients with bleeding disorders may experience bleeding at the injection site
• Muscle relaxants or drugs interfering with nerve transmission can increase muscle weakness, and therefore should be avoided.
• Cannot be substituted for other botulinum toxins
• Caution is advised when used in pregnancy, breastfeeding, elderly and children
Store it in refrigerator (2-8°C). Do not freeze.
Sarcoma, is a cancer that may arise from several soft-tissues or bone. Treatment in early stages is ...
A wonder drug, soda bicarb or baking soda can be used for skin, teeth, hair, kidneys and much more ...
Melasma, also called as chloasma, is a skin hyperpigmentation problem characterized by brown spots ...View All