This combination medication contains a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI), prescribed for HIV-1 infection. It works by preventing human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) cells multiplication in your body.
The recommended oral dose is one tablet twice daily. Weight should be at least 40 Kg.
It comes as a tablet which contains abacavir, lamivudine and zidovudine.(300 mg / 150 mg / 300 mg) to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney problems, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, bone marrow depression, muscle disorders, smoking, alcoholism, hepatitis B infection, breathing problem, nerve disorders, obesity, poor immunity, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, cough, sore throat, fever, fatigue, rash, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
• It does not stop the spread of infection to others; avoid sexual contact, sharing of needles, injection supplies.
• Most Common :
Nausea, vomiting, headache, uneasiness, fatigue, diarrhea, fever, chills, depressive disorders, musculoskeletal pain, rash, throat infections, anxiety.
• Body as a Whole : Redistribution/accumulation of body fat.
• Heart : Heart disease.
• Gastrointestinal : Mouth ulcer.
• Endocrine and Metabolic : Breast enlargement in males, sugar.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, abdominal pain, indigestion, darkening of skin.
• General : Inflammation of blood cells, weakness.
• Blood : Anemia, swelling of lymph nodes, decrease in platelets.
• Liver - Lactic acidosis and hepatic steatosis (fatty liver), elevated bilirubin, elevated transaminases, posttreatment exacerbation of hepatitis B, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, muscle pain, muscle weakness, symptomatic myopathy(diseases of skeletal muscle), CPK elevation, breakdown of muscle fibers.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, tingling, nerve disease, seizures, sleeplessness, and other sleep disorders.
• Respiratory : Abnormal breath sounds/wheezing, difficulty in breathing.
• Skin : Hair loss, redness, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, darkening of skin, rash, hives.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15° to 30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Routes of drug administration play a major role in a medical treatment. Selecting a right route of ...
Spinal anesthesia and epidural anesthesia are types of regional anesthesia in which when a drug is ...
Colorectal cancer is a cancer that starts in the colon or the rectum. Colo-rectal cancer is the ...View All