There are no creams or lotions or miracle cures that can actually slow or reverse aging. You can always maintain your skin with a healthy glow.
The effects of exposure to sun, smoking, the wrong diet and stress, age skin noticeably after you reach or cross, 50 years. You are often plagued with spots known as liver spots.
There are some simple tips to keep skin healthy and nourished.
- Try not to expose yourself to direct sunlight between 10am-4pm. Protect your face, neck and arms with sunscreen lotion to avoid photo ageing and flaky skin. Try to wear a full-sleeved shirt and wear a scarf or a hat. Dont forget to wear sunglasses as they will keep you from squinting in the glare of the sun.
- The best time to moisturize your body is after a bath - while your skin is still moist. Apply sunscreen lotion, even when you are at home.
- Exfoliate on a weekly basis as this will keep the skin clean from dead cells and a scaly look.
- Use cold water to wash and bathe as the loss of moisture will be less compared to using hot water. Pat skin dry.
- Include a lot of fiber in your diet as this will keep toxins away from your body.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses a day.
- Avoid use of heavy foundation and blush as these will lodge in fine lines and show up wrinkles and liver spots.
- Use a colored lip-gloss instead of lipstick as this will keep your lips soft and will not high light wrinkles around the mouth area.
that did not bother you earlier may at times grow bigger and look patchy. Liver spots
are very disturbing as they look bad. They must be checked by a dermatologist as they sometimes turn into skin cancer. They are usually harmless and are caused by extra melanin production for some people these are hereditary.
The common method preferred by women is either getting a chemical peel or a dermabrasion, which means that the top and spotty layer of skin is peeled away either with the use of a chemical or rubbed with something alike sandpaper.
The skin turns red and scabs will form - which clear up after a few days though at times there is some scarring.
There are some home remedies, which may be used instead:
1. Dip cotton wool in lemon juice and apply on the affected areas, leave for 10 minutes before washing off. (Use this only when skin is not sensitive to lemon juice.)
2. Ripe, mashed papaya fruit can be applied liberally and left on skin for 20 minutes.
3. Break open a vitamin E capsule and apply the gel on affected area. Wash after 15 minutes.
4. Massage the skin with castor oil, using circular motions, done regularly this will lighten the spots.
Wear your age and skin with care and dignity. Regular skin care will keep you looking a svelte and glowing mature person.