Simple Tips to get Perfectly Straight Hair / Straighten Hair Naturally - Beauty Tips
It’s not asking for the impossible because you can step into a Hair Salon and get your hair chemically treated for permanent straightening which can last up to a year. Of course you pay for the treatment which is definitely not cheap, and your hair texture also pays due to chemicals and hot irons.
These are some methods to get the kinks and curls out of hair, at home, using ingredients from your shelves.
• Chop a bunch of celery leaves and extract juice by blending and straining through a muslin cloth. Store this in a bottle overnight. Next day apply the juice to length of hair and scalp. Comb with a broad toothed comb so that all the hair is covered and leave it on for an hour. Rinse hair well. Blow dry gently, using a circular brush with natural bristles.
• A very popular technique is to mix ˝ cup of water with ˝ a cup of milk and pour this into a spray bottle. Comb out the tangles before starting. Spray this milk on hair and scalp. Comb again. Leave milk on for ˝ hour before washing gently with water. Comb with a broad toothed comb. Repeat this technique 2 -3 times a week. Can blow dry with and brush for a finished look.
• Another trendy tip is coconut milk treatment – extract milk from 1 coconut by first grating and then blending the tender fruit or meat of coconut. Add the juice of 1 fresh lime to this. Mix well and keep in the refrigerator. Next day a creamy layer has formed - use this on hair and scalp. Cover the head with a hot towel and keep for an hour. Wash with water and comb with a wide toothed comb. Repeat 2-3 times a week for good results. Blow drying is an option.
• Take a cup of "Fuller’s Earth" or “Multani Mitti” and mix 1 egg white and 2 spoons of rice flour to this. Add water to make a paste which should be runny enough to coat the hair but not flow at the same time. Leave for ˝ hour and comb with a wide toothed comb. Repeat this 2 -3 times. Wash hair with water and a gentle shampoo after 2 hours.
Hair Straightening Side Effects
Hair straightening is a common trend nowadays. People straighten their hair to make it look more stylish and beautiful. However, it has some side effects that can damage the hair that are caused by the heat and chemicals while straightening the hair. Here are some of the side effects caused due to hair straightening:
• Dryness of hair is the most common side effect of hair straightening. The heat and chemicals that are used can damage the hair and losing the natural moisture in the hair to a great extent can make the hair look dull and frizzy.
• Allergy is another risk that is commonly associated with hair straightening. The allergy is mainly caused due to the chemicals that are used during hair straightening. Allergy sets off itching on the skin and scalp, redness of scalp, scalp rash and itching of the eye. In such cases you should consult a doctor immediately to address these side effects.
• Straightening hair can make your hair styles monotonous. In cases of permanent straightening, you can hardly change your hairstyle and it is impossible to do different hairstyles at times.
• Hair straightening can also cause hair fall. The use of poor quality chemicals and improper techniques to straighten hair can break the hair from the roots. It also makes the hair follicles become weak and leads to continuous falling of hair.
Hair Straightening for Men and Women
The methods for hair straightening are almost the same for both men and women. You can straighten your hair either by visiting a beauty salon or you can just do it by yourself at home. People usually go to salon if they want to do a permanent straightening as it has more to do with chemical products to straighten the hair and the effect lasts longer. For temporary hair straightening, people prefer to straighten their hair at home by using a hair straightener. The cost for hair straightening differs from one beauty salon to another; it also depends on the thickness, length and type of the hair.
The result of these tips may not be as finished and neat as a salon straightening, but you are saving on the expense and hair from effects of harsh chemicals.