Herbal hair oils are natural oil products with essential properties to treat hair problems like thinning of hair and dry or flaky scalp. These oils are used not only for moisturizing purposes but also to promote hair growth
, improve circulation of blood in the scalp, prevent dandruff
and add volume to the hair shaft. Here are some herbal hair oils you can use to nourish your hair
. Massage your scalp with these herbal oils regularly to get rich and lustrous hair.
Gingili and Lime Oil
Coconut and Bottle Gourd Oil
500 gms Gingili oil
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Heat the oil in a pan till it froths. Remove.
- Strain the limejuice and add gradually to the hot oil.
- Strain when it is cool and use.
Grate the gourd with the peel. Blend in a liquidizer and strain well to extract juice. Heat the Coconut oil in a pan. Gradually add the vegetable juice. Boil till all the water evaporates. Cool and bottle.
Pepper With Coconut Oil
Gingili and Castor Oil
- 1 cup Coconut oil
- 1 tspn rice grains
- 1 tspn Peppercorns
- Heat everything together. When rice grains turn brown, remove and cool.
- Warm the oil before use.
Rosemary Oil with Olive Oil
- 1 cup Gingili oil
- 1 cup Castor oil
- 1 Sprig Curry leaves
- Heat all three together. Cool and strain. Warm the oil before use.
Lavender Oil with Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 drops of rosemary oil
- Combine the olive oil and rosemary oil in a glass jar and close with a tight fitting lid. Place the bottle in a bowl of hot water until the oil is warm and then gently massage into your hair.
Jojoba Oil and Essential Oils
- Half a cup of olive oil
- 12-14 drops of lavender oil
- Take a small bowl and mix both the oil together, pour the oil in a pan and heat them up on a low flame. Once the oil gets warm, pour the mixture back into the bowl and massage it into your hair while it is still warm.
Almond Oil and Castor Oil
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- 3 drops of essential oils for fragrance.
- Mix jojoba oil with essential oils in a small bowl. Pour the mixture in a pan and heat until it turns into a thinner liquid. Cool the oil and massage on the hair gently.
- 5 drops of castor oil
- 5 drops of almond oil
- Heat both the oil in a pan on a low flame. Cool the oil, apply to your scalp and massage gently. This treatment can be done daily or weekly depending on the hair type.