The Color-Mood Connection
Colors are light energy at certain wavelengths. This energy is translated into color by the photoreceptors in the retina, called cones. Colors have a direct influence on our thoughts, moods and behaviors because when the energy & color enters our bodies, it stimulates the pituitary and pineal glands to secrete certain hormones. It is said that red color stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, while white and blue color stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system.
– It represents vitality, creativity, energy and power. Excess of red can make a person agitated and aggressive.ORANGE
– It is an energizing color with a gentle warming effect. It helps to uplift the spirits of people who are depressed.
– It stimulates the intellect and has a cheering effect.GREEN
– It represents balance, harmony, and hope. It helps to calm nerves and create a serene atmosphere.
– It represents truth, nobility, and serenity. Blue colored clothes should be worn to beat the summer heat. Too much of blue can induces sadness and depression.INDIGO
– It stimulates the intellect, while also instilling courage, authority and calmness.VIOLET
– It represents creativity. It is useful in treating people who are emotionally agitated.