English name : Maize
Botanical name : Zea mays
Sanskrit name : Maha kaya
Hindi name : Makka
Tamil name : Makka cholam
Maize granules - 1 cup
Water - 8 cups
Sesame oil - 2 spoons
Mustard - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Green chilly - 1
Onions - 2 chopped
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves - few
Tomato - 2 chopped
Asafetida - 1 pinch
Salt - to taste
- Heat the ghee in a shallow tawa.
- Add the mustard seeds and allow it to pop.
- Then add cumin seeds, pepper, chilly, asafetida and curry leaves to it respectively.
- Sauté for few seconds.
- Then add chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Sauté it till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Then add 3 cups of water in it.
- Add salt in the water and let it dissolve.
- When the water begins to boil, add the maize granules into it.
- Cook till done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot
- It is an ideal diet for obesity
- It reduces cholesterol
- It is light to digest and drying
- It is astringent and sweet in taste
- Cools the body
- Balances kapha
- Rich in protein, carbohydrate, calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamin A & B Complex.
|Ayurveda Recipe - Barley Pakvannam||Ayurveda Recipes - Rice Pakvannam|